Were you an 80's Fashion Disaster? I was...



The other day my friend Lisa and I were chatting about our hideous fashion sense during the 1980's. I think I was one of the worst offenders. BIG everything; hair, nails, jewelry, color, SHOULDER PADS. YIKES!

I am a bit self-deprecating, so thought I'd share some of my biggest fashion disasters with you. So sit back and grab a cup of tea stiff martini...and let's get on with the show!



I could never get enough of bejeweled anything! Bring on the sequins, glitter, rhinestones, studs, whatever. I particularly loved this outfit on the right. I was so proud when I spent a $$ on these whopping 4" long turquoise parrot earrings with rhinestones. Love the shoulder pads in the left photo...



Ah, does anyone remember those over-sized sweaters? So flattering, weren't they?



Bright, bright, bright! Get me some sunglasses...







I can't believe I wore that obnoxious rented gown to the Grammy Awards...I'm horrified...



You may be asking, why am I sitting with these people? I used to work for John Lee Hooker (on the right in the photograph). It was a lot of fun, but needless to say, so embarrassed looking back on these photos now. As Uncle Beefy so nicely put it, "The 80's called... they said you could keep the hair."

I know a lot of us have memories of the 80's and our crazy fashion sense.
Any memories of your own fashion disasters that you'd like to share?
I'm sure we'd all love to hear.

And if you have photos...please send over!

No comments:

Post a Comment