I May Have an Addiction...


To Facebook, that is.

I was one of those adamant people who swore they would never join Facebook. Then it happened. A friend coerced me. Isn't that how it always happens?

Suddenly I've found that Facebook has become "the great escape" -- a coffee break of sorts. When I need a break or simply want to "zone out," I hop over to Facebook to see what everyone is doing. Voyeuristic? yes. Fun? absolutely.
  1. Where else can you see loads of family and friend's photos all in one place? Okay cousin Sara...leave out the sonogram photo...seriously.
  2. Where else can you see what your old boyfriends from high school look like 30 years later? Yikes!
  3. What a brilliant way to keep up-to-date with everyone's birthdays!
  4. Privacy, shmivacy...we're all exposed now, so what the heck?
  5. And seriously, it's great for business. Start a fan page and stay in touch with your customers. Follow other fan pages to see their updates. Pets for adoption? 1/2 off sale on fry pans? All in one place.
So there you have it. I'm thinking of a 12-step program to curtail my use, but don't think there is one out there yet.

Tell me, are you addicted to Facebook?


photo credit: meganzil

No comments:

Post a Comment