So Embarrassed...

Okay, so I'm not a professional writer. I know that. When I signed up for "blogging," I knew that it was going to be challenging. Spelling correctly is a pet peeve of mine. In fact, I used to win the spelling bees in school.

So why hasn't my spell check been correcting me when I've been writing walla! as opposed to voila!? Hmpf. I just stumbled upon the correct spelling of voila and it freaked me out. Where did I come up with 'walla' and what the heck does 'walla' mean? Just looked it up and here is what the dictionary says;

wallah , walla
noun usually in combination
Informal a person involved with or in charge of (a specified thing)
the book wallah

Guess that's not the word I was looking for to "call attention, to express satisfaction or approval, or to suggest an appearance as if by magic!"

So, I just learned something. 1) Sometimes spell check doesn't work and, 2) I'm not a writer.
Voila!

image from here

No comments:

Post a Comment