Can Someone Please Tell Me What This Is??

I'm hoping you smart bloggers out there can help with this small dilemma...

I've been collecting and selling hotel silver for over 12 years now and am completely stumped as to the use of this piece. It's been in my collection for many years and I plan on selling it. I love that it's from the Grand Hotel in Cannes, but what exactly is it?

This is a side view of the piece...It measures 5" in diameter (not including the handle) and 5" tall

This is a close-up of the handle that ejects the lid when pulled apart.

Inside the bowl is a spoon-like paddle that shifts across the bowl when the handle is moved. What would it be used for? Couldn't be coffee, tea or a juicer since the base has such large openings.

This is the base. It appears as if it rests on top of a glass, but again, why the large openings?

If anyone has any clue as what this piece is for, I would greatly appreciate your input!!

Thanks a bunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment