American Pickers


I just finished watching "American Pickers" on the History Channel. I missed the premiere last week. Mike Wolfe and Frank Fritz, a duo of antiques dealers and treasure hunters, are on a labor of love mission to recycle America's past. They dig through junk piles, abandoned barns and basements for hidden memorabilia. Kind of like the antiques roadshow, but a much funkier travel version.

I'm not quite sure if I like the show or not. Perhaps I need to see some more episodes. Has anyone seen it yet? What do you think?

I appreciate the History Channel's
new “National Treasures” programming genre in which relics belonging to everyday people tell a history of America.

American Pickers airs Monday evenings on the History Channel. Check your local station (if in the US) for times, and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment