Flashback! Childhood Collections

I used to collect all colors & sizes of happy face buttons

Chances are that if you're reading this blog, you probably collect something, or started collecting at a young age as I did.

The other day I happened to stumble upon a new book about Wacky Packages. Those were the collectible stickers featuring parodies of consumer products and well-known brands, first produced by the Topps company in 1967, then revived in 1973. Well, I LOVED these stickers and remember spending hours sorting them and trying to complete the series.

I thought it would be fun to take a trip down memory lane and highlight a few of my favorite collections from the late 60's, early 70's. Then I want to hear about yours!

Did you ever own a bitten Oreo or apple core necklace? I loved mine! I was a bit of a geek, though.

Then there were beads and Puka shell necklaces. I used to sort my beads in egg cartons and ice cube holders. Come in, this was the 60's. We didn't have fancy storage boxes!

I guess you could say that I've always liked sweets. I had a collection of "food" candles like these ice cream sundaes.

There were the Little Kiddle dolls that came in lockets and plastic perfume bottles. Loved those.

I had a rather large collection of glass blown figurines/animals. Kind of scary. Did you ever have a piano like this above? I did.

...or animals like these?

We certainly didn't have many choices of items to collect back in the 60's and 70's. I would go crazy as a kid today. Even Pottery Barn Kids & PB Teen have great stuff. So jealous.

I'm very curious, what were some of your childhood collections? What do you collect today?



Photos: happy face buttons; shinegallery.com, Wacky Packages book; urbanoutfitters.com, glass piano; glassworksmfg.com, ice cream sundae candles; thewickcandlestore.com, puka shell necklace; eBay.com, Little Kiddle; pinkfadedroses.blogspot.com, glass animals, slubird at flickr.com
8545343283245056358

No comments:

Post a Comment